Everyone wants to get fit, but not everyone has the time to do it. Going to the gym can be a hassle, and home equipment is never what it’s cracked up to be. Wouldn’t you love to have a place where you can exercise in the privacy of your own home and enjoy doing it? If you have a swimming pool Phoenix, you can do just that.
Work It Out In The Pool
Your swimming pool is more than just a place to take a dip; it’s a place to build your body. Water exercise provides quick fitness results by providing a natural resistance. Your muscles will do more work, but your body won’t feel it thanks to the lack of gravity found on dry land. In the water, your heart rate is lower during cardiovascular activity than it is on land, but you’ll get the same health benefits.
Swimming laps and walking back and forth across your pool are two very simple and incredibly effective ways to exercise. If you want to mix-it-up, try these 5 water exercises to improve your health while enjoying the tranquil beauty of your swimming pool Phoenix.
1) Leg Lifts. Lean back on the pool edge with your arms extended on the side of the pool. Keeping your legs straight and tight together, raise them up as high as you can, then lower back down. Repeat.
2) Jumping Jacks. Perform these in the water as you would on land, but try not to let your feet touch the bottom when you bring your legs back together.
3) Leg Rotations. Hold onto the side of the pool and extend your outer leg to the side. Rotate the leg 3 to 12 times (to the best of your ability). Lower your leg and switch sides so that your other leg is on the outside. Repeat with other leg.
4) Back Kick. Hold onto the edge of the pool and kick your legs behind you. Try to keep them under the water to create more resistance.
5) Cross Work. In a standing position, bring one elbow down across your body as your raise your opposite knee until they meet. Change elbows and knees and repeat.
Take advantage of your swimming pool Phoenix to get the exercise you need to keep your heart, muscles, and bones healthy and strong.