Deciding to build a pool in your backyard and create a family-friendly space can seem like a challenging task if you don’t know exactly what you should focus on in the process. Creating a family-friendly backyard space is easy if you keep in mind a few small things.
- Make sure you are able to achieve a seamless flow between the house and your backyard. You want the backyard to be an extension of the rest of the house, so everything flows nicely and looks like it belongs
- Create a colorful lounging area around the pool that incorporates string lights, benches, and color. Focus on the ambience of the space and how well it will entertain and appeal to your family and guests
- Adding lighting features to light up the pool for nighttime entertaining or adding in water features such as a waterfall can also boost the appeal of your backyard space and create a more relaxing environment by the pool
- Landscaping is another way to take your backyard to the next level. Adding in tropical landscaping or more of a variety will make it a fun setting for the kids to explore and will also give you the illusion that you are on a wonderful tropical vacation. Tiki torches can also be used to further create the illusion, and they can even double as mosquito repellants making it a more enjoyable backyard adventure
- For hotter temperatures, you can even consider purchasing a shade to go over the pool to provide you and your family with some covered comfort. Hot and dry summers can wreak havoc on your skin so while cooling off in the pool, a covered area can also offer some much-needed reprieve from the sun’s harsh rays
- Incorporating an outdoor kitchen and providing plenty of seating options is also ideal for a family-friendly backyard. During the hotter months, it is always nice to be able to get out of the house and cook outside instead of inside where the heat is more confined. The kids can play and splash in the pool, while they wait on their burgers and hot dogs. Plenty of seating provides a nice outdoor area for lounging and eating and racking up quality time with the family
These ideas are ideal for a family with a pool and your pool company in Arizona is ready and able to help guide you through making any of these improvements or additions to your yard to make the backyard more family friendly.